Instructor Training For Sew Happy After School Clubs
Information on this page is intended for the purposes of Sew Happy instructors.
1. Read the Staff Training presentation
2. Watch the "Classroom Management Training" videos
3. Practice threading a needle, tying a knot and the lock stitch
If you have any questions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Classroom Management Training Videos
These videos are from in-person training with Sew Happy Instructors.
Video 1 - Introduction
Video 2 - Building Rapport
Video 3 - Classroom Rules
Reinforcing the Rules
Video 4 - Classroom Management
Assigning a Helper
4. Downloadable Documents
(all of these will be supplied in your instructor binder so no need to print)
1. SEW HAPPY HANDBOOK (Updated September 2023)
Before A Program Starts
First Day Of A New Program
Classroom Arrival & Set-Up
Weekly Welcome Meeting
Working On The Assigned Project Of The Day
Consequences For Undesirable Behavior
After School Project Printable Tutorials & Videos
8 Week Program (Mini Version)
9 Week Program
10 Week Program
11 Week Program
12 Week Program
5. Other Helpful Information
Some of our After School Programs teach machine sewing. Here is some information relevant to those.
We use the Brother CS6000i sewing machine.
- SewingMastery.com website has 2 pages of how-to videos for the Brother CS6000i.
Just use the down arrow to browse their "how to video series". Lots of useful information, especially helpful for:
- Threading & Winding a Bobbin
- Inserting the Bobbin
- Changing the Needle
- Stitch Width, Length & Needle Position
Note: To avoid damage to our sewing machines, we do not teach how to use the automatic Needle Threader in our classes.
You can also search YouTube for how-to videos.